Integral Blade Stabilizer (IBS)
It is a one piece construction manufactured from high strength alloy steel (non-magnet steel optional), that prevents differential sticking of the drill string by stabilizing the BHA and keeping drill collars and drill pipes away from the borehole wall. This reduces vibration, drill pipe whirl, and wellbore tortuosity; furthermore, the stabilization maintains drilling trajectory whether drilling straight, horizontal, or directional wells.
Doyen offers several options for IBS, in both alloy steel and non-magnet materials:
- Spiral Integral Blade Stabilizer.
- Straight Integral Blade Stabilizer.
- non-Magnet Integral Blade Stabilizer.
When ordering please specify:
- Hole size or required blade O.D.
- Number of blades required (3 or 4 are standard styles).
- Straight or spiral blades.
- Hardfacing type.
- Top and bottom connections.
- Body diameter required.
- String or near bit application.
- Alloy steel or non-magnet materials.
- Special features SRG on connections, bored for float etc.